body>

7 April 2011

Back to Basics

Six weeks in Australia, with several days in Singapore there and back, keep me buoyed up as I tread the domestic boards with a deck scrub.

Jean-Marie-Mathias-Philippe-Auguste, comte de Villiers de l'Isle-Adam comes to mind at this time, as is only to be expected. All that guff about spiritual values, culminating in the cry "As for living, our servants will do that for us".

I should, by now, have uploaded a wilderness of photos for friends to enjoy. But on our return we were greeted by the accumulated dust that only Spring sunshine makes one attack.

The trip to Tasmania several years ago never got documented either. Thankfully, I suffer from the indolence that ensures I will never burn the midnight oil or develop unnecessary wrinkles from trying to communicate all my insights with a wider world.

Living is quite enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home