body>

5 April 2011

"Writing only leads to more writing"

My favourite (among many) writer, Colette, seems to have put her finger on the problem. You send an email... an answer comes back... the blasted things breed like rabbits... more writing, explanations, congratulations, counter-congratulations, mob hugs, Twitter campaigns. There's no end to the blabbering.

A friend recently told me of a web site that had over a million hits. I was horrified. That would crash the system, I felt. My idea of success to have nothing in my in-box and a gentle jog-trot of comments back and forth among an increasing number of friendly bloggers.

So far, this has been achieved.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Generally speaking, I stop visiting blogs when they receive more than 100 comments on their posts, as I like having a more personal relationship with the people upon whose sites I comment.

4/05/2011 10:54 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

We seem to have a long way to go before that problem develops here...

4/06/2011 8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home