body>

6 May 2010

Vanitas vanitatis...

...or how "zip-up time" can help make new friends.

I still follow a Twit who, having announced grandly that we are not friends, continues to chatter and share good links. Afflicted with an inability to bear grudges, I now have a motley group of admirable posters under my belt who, it seems, would not be seen dead in my company.

I wonder if they, like me, are wondering how to get throught the next five years without having to sell more copy... Station Wall

3 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

How can one "make friends" with "someone" on twitter? It seems an impossibility: your conversation is limited to a few words, directed to "the world," at best.

I've never seen the point.

5/06/2010 8:38 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

It's easier to make a friend rather than an enemy in 140 characters.

The more words, often, the more one gets tied in knots, perhaps?

5/07/2010 12:03 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

People are ineffectual enough in their comments when there's no limit to the number of words. If it were only those with great verbal facility who were limited, it might prove interesting, along the lines of the Times Personals (which I cannot locate at the moment, unfortunately, as they're quite funny ... but searching for "Times Personals" leads me to destinations best not visited).

5/07/2010 12:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home