body>

5 May 2010

Twitter

I have friends who refuse to Twitter.
They see it as some sort of moral failing to find less than 140 characters to express the moment and also, dare it be suspected, they are a bit afraid.




Over the years, drunken posts were the source of much journalese and now the ubiquitous Twitterings of the mildly merry or the seriously overstretched cannot be easily removed and hidden from curious eyes.



Also, rows generated due to misunderstandings continue apace, though they somehow lack the enthusiasm of less sophisticated days. If I ever write a book... which I hope will not be necessary as a blog is such a more enjoyable and relaxed format... I would be tempted to market it on Twitter.



I'll start looking for useful links like this one , just in case... Melbourne Streetscape

3 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

And now, everything they twit will be archived for all time by the US National Archive. So, perhaps the people afraid of sounding like idiots were wiser than they knew.

5/05/2010 1:33 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

I find the news you bring reassuring. If I ever lose my Tweets they will be there, recorded. Thought knowing the devious ways of publishing, money may be expected to change hands.

5/06/2010 11:29 am  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Well, they're in the US Library of Congress, so I doubt it'd be much money to dig them out. They'll probably make them available.

5/06/2010 11:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home