body>

19 October 2009

It's a Mystery

I continue to be exercised on the subject of reading...

Who reads what... and why...

Having discovered Gerard Brennan's Blog recently, I have taken to recommending the writers there to friends looking for thrillers and crime mysteries.

But I have to admit that I have little inclination to pursue the topic much further. I remember all the adrenelin soaked novels I read as a teenager with the distant gaze of one who now finds enough drama in everyday life.

This needs to be scrutinised further.

Shall sleep on it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Thanks for the mention! I look forward to more of your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

gb

10/21/2009 9:06 am  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Thank you for taking time to comment.

I have spent the last few months thinking about the links between society and literature and shall try to write a bit more in time.

It would be great if more writers came to post here as they think so clearly on these matters.

I very much enjoy your blog.

10/21/2009 12:36 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Nobody knows who reads what, nor why. This is why they sell such tripe. :)

10/21/2009 7:28 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Tripe seems to sell, however.

Perhaps we get the writers as well as the politicians that we deserve?

At the risk of sounding like one in the throes of monomania, I cannot
recommend "Winterland" by Alan Glynn too highly.

Thrillers are being written by very insightful social commentators at the moment and they don't miss a trick.

10/24/2009 3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home