body>

10 January 2012

Mr Holmes To You, Sir?

The fact that televsion is "democratic" seems to account for the fact that it is so repetitive and predictable, I think. I don't know if you have seen the interview that Dennis Potter did with Melvyn Bragg but I'm sure it's somewhere on the Internet.

"http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/dennis-potter"

The disappointment Potter felt with the failures of such a marvelous media was very sad and made me realise at the time that I would never feel tempted try to get involved with the Machievellian powers that run the show.

There is an illusion of democracy because shows with casts of thousands, peak audiences and vast expense is involved.

If the recession continues, my next cutback will be to get rid of TV.
The only value it has here is that I get to see films without the invonvenience of going to the cinema.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home