body>

30 November 2010

I Don't Know What Everybody Else in Dublin

... is doing at the moment.

I expect they're trying to conserve as much energy as possible and weather the snow.

The official world news about Ireland is so unflattering it is up to us at the domestic coalface to keep spirits up. The Euro continues to fall (or at least wobble alarmingly) on the world market. Too bad. I expect if it collapses we'll just have to re-unite with Sterling, or start minting some more reliable currency.

In financial circles, everything is negotiable. Since the big boys have negotiated that I now owe thousands of Euro to people I have never met (and hope not to have to), I think it's time to say, as the Dutch said to nuclear power,
"Thank you, but no thank you". Stone Angel, Faux Vintage

2 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Agreed. Welcome to the new world order: the banks gambled, their execs got rich, and now ... they're making everybody pay for their gambling (and the execs get even more money). Seems like they get rich no matter what, and we all are forced into paying them. Bah.

11/30/2010 2:39 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

It's years since I followed economic activity with any interest.

At the end of the 1960's I could have given a report on how the Pound was faring against the dollar.

This is interesting, but it's important not to get oneself alarmed:

"http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1020782.shtml"

Perhaps returning to barter would solve many problems?

Usually my solutions tend to make people laugh...

11/30/2010 10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home