body>

28 February 2008

I Know That I Should Be Alarmed, Even VERY Alarmed...

... but I have to admit that I burst out laughing when I read the
new proposals for monitoring Internet use in the Republic of Ireland.

If society's leaders think that following the efforts of little housewives
to upload photos of trips to the seaside and flower arrangements taken under
tungsten light may advance the wellbeing of society, they are welcome to
get on with storing every effort (often failed) that my friends and I make
to use the Internet on a
daily basis without having a "crise de nerfs".

Yet again, I am reminded of the remark made by an old lady when
presented with the alarming spectacle of a rugby match:

"Whatever are they looking for?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are looking for ammo to use against the populace. Once you invade a person's privacy, it is very easy to find something about them that makes them look suspect. [Walls]

3/03/2008 10:10 am  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Does it make you wonder what else they spend your tax dollars on?

3/03/2008 8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home