body>

27 October 2007

Far Out and Impersonal

It's good to think about Net security from time to time.

I stopped using Facebook for a while, not because I share
what seems to be a general paranoia surrounding it in some
work places, but because it was mushrooming out of control
Even without sending little "bisous" to my friends I was
getting a bit complexed by all the applications.
The best seem to be those made by Slide.com, where
a series of very sparkly Photo Slideshows were quickly
made.

However, a rest was in order.

Now I find that many friends are in workplaces where
Facebook is blocked, so the whole purpose of sending
quick e-mails is suddenly obsolete. It would be useful to know
why some employers have taken such a set on what is one
of the quickest social tools we have.

And this post has generated another question...

Why is "bisous" usually spelled, in the plural form,
with an "s" rather than an "x".

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

I've fixed the Comment system on this post. Apologies for any confusion caused.

10/28/2007 9:57 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

I think that Facebook is a social networking tool ... or, you know, a way to do anything at all, and probably ends up sucking down colossal amounts of time & bandwidth. So, I can see limiting it. On the other hand, if you're having to limit it, there's something else wrong with your workplace, and stopping the surfing won't fix that problem. :)

10/29/2007 4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home