body>

17 June 2011

Parsing

I have just found a site called "Parse a Sentence".

The lack of a live link here is part of the ever growing desire to stop my bandwidth usage from becoming a mushroom cloud of confusion and obfuscation.
More to the point, the site reminds me of years in primary school struggling with sentences that could only have been designed by bored middle aged people who wanted to taunt the young.

Parse, if you dare.
I'm off to make more photos...

Path in a Woodland Glade

3 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

And then there are those of us who found alternative styles of sentence parsing, and found grammar to be really fun!

6/21/2011 1:33 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

I think I grew out of grammar when I had to teach Cloze tests to children who had no foundation in the subject.

There is so much written about the educational system, I am sure you have many interesting insights into where university research is heading.

I have a friend who found grammar such fun he is now a professor. His insights into some nuances of Spanish were so refined that I assured him I was no afraid to go to Spain. From his dissertation, I was no longer certain that I would be take an object off a table.

(Take this with a pinch of salt, BTW... Voltaire's Pangloss is always in the back of my mind, poor chap.)

6/21/2011 6:08 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

... that is "now afraid to go"...

6/21/2011 6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home