body>

11 June 2011

Emergency Mode?

I don't do emergencies.
There are so many others "out there" who track GIS information, scrutinise every movement on the web for potential threats and generally spread a pall of paranoia and unease that I have adopted an increasingly relaxed view of all happenings on the net. Many sites located in the US have a battery of IP tracking devices that I just turn off before I leave. It should be explained that the electronic equivalents of frisking and scrutinising, far from making people feel secure, are a source of puzzlement... or in my case, high hilarity.

Instead of addressing the issues of poor web design, feeble writing and ill disguised advertising tricks, spiking a website with intrusive widgets is one way of ensuring that nobody will want to visit it.

Or so it seems to me... Rosebud after Rain

2 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Of course, if you're like me and use 1) FireFox, 2) NoScript, 3) RequestPolicy, and 4) RefControl then you don't see any of that 3rd party content - it simply gets filtered out.

6/11/2011 4:56 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Thanks for that. I've added a few more of the addons you recommend and things have speeded up very nicely.

Many people blame their router or telephony provider when, in fact, they are bogged down with .phps.

Found this today, thanks to keeping eyes peeled for clutter...

"htmlcenter.com/blog/running-php-scripts-with-cron/"

6/12/2011 1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home