body>

25 June 2009

Tout l'univers fait Boom

I am, and happily at that, a Baby Boomer.

My generation continues to blog, despite the fact that it is now, seemingly, passé.

I have to admit I tried Twittering... and failed...
The number of people who now greet the dawn, mobile 'phone in hand, and insist on sharing a "Good Morning" with the Planet, is on the increase. What inspires them fascinates me, but I have no desire to join in.

Blogging, on the other, continues to be a useful link with the outside world. My faithful commentators, Davimack and Granny J, keep me in the swing of things and encourage further efforts.

I hope that I do the same for them...

4 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

That you do!

I'm not a baby boomer ... but have no desire to Twitter, either. I Facebooked ... until I'd seen my post that she was bored one too many times, and just had to say, "ENOUGH!"

6/25/2009 5:31 pm  
Blogger Cathy said...

I don't think blogging is passe, really; it will probably change and become a more thoughtful and slower medium, and there are still a lot of texts and narratives that need more than 140 characters. Also, I am reading, if not commenting...

6/25/2009 7:37 pm  
Blogger Granny J said...

I have too many pictures to stop blogging at this point! I was literally dragged on to Facebook kicking and screaming by a friend and am pleased that two (count'em -- 2) teen age girls from the family "friended" me. However, Facebook doesn't really do anything for me & I may pop by once a day. I do check into my dotter's Twitter stream to see what's up in her family, but I really don't have anything to twit about. On the other hand, I keep discovering interesting new blogs...

6/26/2009 4:40 am  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Thanks for all the comments.

The thought that blogging will continue, albeit at a less frantic pace, is heartening.

6/26/2009 10:21 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home