body>

7 January 2009

Wuthering Heights

I've started the New Year with a thorough appraisal of
past activities.

It seems that one's past will always return,
possibly not as a haunting experience,
but certainly fully documented by new technology
and its eerie advances.

A booklet I wrote while teaching is now listed
on the Net.
Nobody seems to have seen sight nor light of a copy
in years, but I have found memories of shaking my husband awake
at 1 a.m. to read passages of my insights aloud.
Probably he was not listening, but it helped.

Here's a New Year toast to a writer whose love of nature
has kept me in good spirits for years.

Wuthering Heights in Goodreads

3 Comments:

Blogger Granny J said...

I hope my granddaughter agrees with your (and my) assessment -- Wuthering Heights was one of the books I included in her Christmas package. Part of my effort to expand her horizons beyond vampireteen trash!

1/07/2009 6:05 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

It's an odd thing, the web. Me, I'm trying to figure out how to make things go away in a reasonable fashion, as I'm certain that there are things that everybody would rather never see again, yet which resurface in odd places.

Neat, though, that you wrote a book. I wonder who added it to GoodReads.

1/07/2009 6:44 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Amazon.fr assures me that I am an "auteur".
I feel I should stand up and take a bow.

Funnily enough, your reference to vampireteen, Granny J,reminds me that the Victorians thought very little of "Wuthering Heights" and found it unsuitable for polite society.

I must think further on this...

1/10/2009 8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home