body>

16 December 2009

That Would be an Economical Matter

From today, Radio Stations in Ireland are banished to as far away as I can get. Off Button applied now as the persistent cruelty of interviewing people in tears has become the latest fashion.
Why it should be considered newsworthy to have wall-to-wall sobbing is not for me to ask.

"Never ask a question to which you do not already know the answer", one wise Dublin friend advised recently.
Dubliners exude wisdom and share it, volubly, to anybody who is still around to listen.
Since most of my friends have emigrated (again), listeners are thin on the ground...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

listening here though... I agree with you on the radio (and television!) My car radio is set on ChristmasFM, seasonal and happy.

12/16/2009 2:25 pm  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Christmas FM is very good and you've reminded me to listen in more often there.

Thank you.

12/17/2009 9:09 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home