body>

8 March 2007

The Frail Art of Writing

I'm beginning to remember the many writers who chose
literature because ill health kept them indoors.

The cold, which has now reached mythic proportions in
my head, has sent me off seeking entertainment on blogs
far and wide. Much more of this and writing will
become my métier again.

Today is International Women's Day and is to be
celebrated by all. Having voted for
Gingerpixel recently in the Blog Awards,
I finally dropped by to give encouragement.


Many people take negative attitudes to women very seriously,
which is correct.

I have learned to ignore them, as there is no point
in getting worked up about ideas that one does not share.

So I wrote:

A lot of daft ideas about what women are and what they are good at used to be taken as general perception in the workplace.

It's called prejudice and is very silly.
It has also led to many women setting up their
own businesses and working happily with
colleagues of both gender.

Well done on such a good piece for
International Women's Day.

It is not always a handicap to be in
an industry where women are rare.
It could offer many opportunities.

Gardeners never look a gift horse in the mouth."

2 Comments:

Blogger caramaena said...

Well, I'm sorry to hear the cold isn't getting better. Hopefully soon!

3/09/2007 10:31 am  
Blogger Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Many thanks, Caramaena,
it's almost cured.

3/11/2007 7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home