body>

24 January 2011

Keeping Your Pecker Up...

... in times of trouble.

Looking at the script of "Withnail and I" it seems that any language student who is trying to learn English would have their work cut out for them to make sense of what is being said. I had to look up phrases on the Internet as they, literally, said nothing to me.

London slang is not for the faint of heart. Throw in the fact that it is delivered through a haze of narcotics and there is definitely a sense of making a raid on the inarticulate. I have to thank the good humoured coves who decided to run the film again on TV. Having lived with students who were living exemplars of the characters in "Withnail", I now find myself laughing out loud quite a bit.

I daren't turn on the news, as the outrage and sense of national betrayal, officially orchestrated from every direction, has become thoroughly boring.
Back to the graphic drawing board and more photo sharing, it is then.

If it were not illegal puffing on a Camberwell Carrot might help block out the sorry sounds that all world leaders seem to insist on making.

Bluebells and Forget Me Nots in the May Garden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home